|1) When entering the Church for Temple Worship, all must be quiet; read the |
lessons on the board, and meditate until Sunday School or Service starts. Begin
preparing yourself to receive the Word of God.
2) To obtain fullness of Service and to avoid Service interruption, all attendees
are encouraged to arrive early and stay until completion of Service.
3) Members are responsible for making their family or friends aware of the
Church's Code of Conduct.
4) Members are requested to bring their Bible and Liturgy Book when attending
Temple Worship Service.
5) No bags, coats, weapons (e.g., guns, knives, etc.), drugs in the Church. Leave
all bags and coats at the door.
6) No eating, drinking, smoking, or chewing gum during service. Water is the
exception. No smoking before service.
7) All offering money should be handed out to children prior to the start of
8) Brothers/Boys will be seated on Left side. Remove any head covering.
9) Daughters/Girls will be seated on Right side. Hair must be covered.
10) The 'Sergeant at Arms' shall ensure that attendees stay in their appropriate
places and that the procession of Priest and Levites is not interrupted. The
Sergeant will also address visitors or members, who slumber, sleep, laugh, play,
or disturb the service or person(s) around them.
11) All visitors and members (Adults and Children) are encouraged to take part in
the chanting during Temple Worship Service. This chant should be done in
harmony with the Priest and Levites.
12) When Priests and Levites come down the isles in procession, no one is to get
out of their seat until the Priest and Levites return to the Tabot.
13) When functions takes place at the Church, members are encouraged to stay
and assist in the clean up activities.
14) Only baptized members (i.e., initiates) are allowed to enter the 'Upper Room',
unless otherwise authorized by a Priest, Levite, or Sergeant at Arms.
*15) Only one person upstairs at a time during Service. If there is a need to go
upstairs during service, please inform the Sergeant at Arms, who will evaluate on
a case-by-case basis.
*16) Cafeteria located up stairs for refreshments after Service. Please support as
this is one of our ways of generating funds.
* These items specific to the Church of Haile Selassie I in United States. Other
locations may have specific rules according to their Temple layout.